Smelters & foundries
Flame retardant clothing that offers the highest level of protection against splashes of molten metal and radiant heat and is the ideal solution for those working in smelting plants, foundries or with molten mineral ... Read more
Flame retardant clothing that offers the highest level of protection against splashes of molten metal and radiant heat and is the ideal solution for those working in smelting plants, foundries or with molten minerals such as stone or glass.
Remember that it is important to choose the right collection, depending on the metal or mineral that you work with. We have collections for working with molten iron, steel, copper, aluminium, brass, zinc, lead and molten minerals. The range also includes protective clothing for summer and winter use, high visibility clothing and a large range of workwear options for women. Tranemo’s multi-layer Skinsafe™ system provides protection against electric arc that is greater than the sum of the individual layers, without compromising on comfort. Our protective clothing is certified against splashes of molten metal and radiant heat in accordance with EN ISO 11612.
The recommended collections may include protective clothing that lacks certain certifications due to the design of the garment, such as garments with hanging pockets. Contact us if you have any questions or need assistance with choosing the right protective clothing for your work. We will help you find the right solution.
Ranges for Smelters & foundries
APEX is a new addition to Tranemo’s Flame Retardant range that can solve some of the most difficult protection problems. The material is a 300 g/m² dope-dyed Aramid, which is lined with an additional layer of Flame Retardant fabric in the front. The level of protection is very high and the fabric not only passes EN13034 tests for acid and alkaline, but also for aromatic hydrocarbons and alcohol. The trousers that are available in both ladies and men’s sizes can be ordered with extra reinforcements to the front to protect against splashes. Of course, there are also increased visibility options in the collection.
APEX is a solution for many work situations where it has been difficult to cope with chemical splashes without wearing a chemical suit. In the absence of textiles where zinc runs off, APEX is also used when working with molten zinc, since the degradation temperature in the fabric is higher than the melting point of zinc. The zinc does not run off but does not burn holes in the garment either. The metal should be removed mechanically as quickly as possible after splashing to avoid the risk of getting burned.
- Aramid with a high degradation temperature
- Good repellency to splashes of many types of chemicals
- Dope-dyed fabric that can handle many industrial washes
- Risk Assessment: Small splashes of molten metal, Splashes of chemicals
The garments are equipped with a lot of pockets and practical details that will suit workers who are, for example working with electricity or maintenance. These working clothes are also excellent if you are in an environment where static electricity needs to be avoided. Some of the garments are suitable for welding and metallurgy industry where there are risks of splashes of molten metal.
- Functional garments for Electricity, Maintenance and Metallurgy
- High protection against convective heat and radiant heat
- Risk Assessment: Molten iron, Electric Arc, Flame and Heat, Heat stress, Small welding sparks
CANTEX 57 is our range of Inherent Flame Retardant garments for metal industries with the highest stipulated protection against molten iron, E3. The collection offers a good protection against Electric Arc accidents and is certified for welding.
Additionally, your visibility gets better with details in High-Visibility and reflective material. The range also includes ladies’ garments.
- The best range for working in Metal Industries
- High protection against convective heat and radiant heat
- Increased visibility with reflective stripes and fluorescent details
- Risk Assessment: Molten iron, Flame and Heat, Heat stress, Indoor traffic, Electric Arc, Small welding sparks
Cantex 2.0 fabric provides an unique protection against Electric Arc accidents with an Arc Rating of 15 cal/cm² (PPE 2 / over 8 cal/cm²). You will be more visible than ever with CANTEX HI-VIS, since the new fabric is certified according to EN ISO 20471.
In addition, the new fabric is softer and even more comfortable to wear. The collection is designed for people who need High-Visibility clothing and are working with maintenance or in electric and power industries where you might be exposed to Electric Arc or in industries where static electricity should be avoided.
- Ideal for working in Infrastructure, Maintenance, Electricity or Power industries
- High protection against Electric Arc with a high Arc Rating
- Comfortable with good moisture absorption and breathability
- Risk Assessment: Electric Arc - Flame and Heat - Splashes of molten iron - Heat stress - Traffic accident
MAGMA is developed to withstand the splashes of molten iron, steel, aluminium and many other metals and alloys. The collection is developed for the demanding environment of a primary aluminium works and is certified with the highest protection against aluminium (D3) and iron (E3).
MAGMA has reinforcements on particularly vulnerable areas and has a high protection against radiant heat. The increased visibility provides protection against accidents in the industrial environment. All for a safer workplace.
To achieve the best washing result, contact Tranemo for special washing instructions.
- Now available in ladies’ sizes
- Inherent Flame Retardant wool based fabric for work with molten metals
- Highest protection against molten Aluminium and Iron
- Risk Assessment: Molten aluminium, Molten iron, Flame and Heat, Heat stress, Indoor traffic
Outback Heavy Welding
A new generation of welding garments with an unrivalled combination of durability and comfort. After 6 years of development, Tranemo launches a new generation of class 2 welding garments based on an unique blend of Inherent fibres. You will no longer have to wear garments that are too warm, too stiff or garments that do not withstand the sparks and spatter from welding.
The durability of the OUTBACK range is outstanding and the design makes them very breathable and with a comfortable fit. A longer life in the workplace makes Outback a good cost in use investment and the enhanced visibility adds that little bit of extra protection for the wearer. We think this is the first garment range for heavy welding that you will really want to wear.
- Welding garments with extremely high durability
- Soft and comfortable to wear
- Increased visibility
- Risk Assessment: Welding sparks, Flame and Heat, Heat stress, Indoor traffic